This guide is for anyone using Bromcom’s Self Service Deployment Portal (‘the portal’) to Migrate Data from SIMS.
The guide covers:
- What data can be migrated using the portal
- What you need to prepare before using the portal
- How to use the portal, step-by-step
What data can be migrated using the portal
Currently, the portal can be used for migrating to Bromcom from SIMS (Primary).
Please see the SIMS Data Migration Scope Document for the scope of data that can be migrated (bearing in mind that only primary data elements will be migrated). The portal allows you to migrate up to five years’ worth of data.
What you need to prepare before using the portal
Before you use the portal you will need:
- To have purchased access to use the Portal (or have access to this as part of a support partner agreement)
- Access to the database you are planning to migrate (please see How to Backup A SIMS Database).
How to use the Portal
Please view the short video below, or read the guide: