In this guide we will look at the functionality within the My Account Area, this area can be used to configure your view of Bromcom and also with the appropriate permissions configure the view for all users.
Access: all users will have access to the My Account area.
From the Home Screen on the top right click on your picture or circle and select My Account.
IMPORTANT: Remember to click top left Save if making any changes in any of the panels detailed below.
At the top right of the screen from the View As dropdown the user can select either Myself or User Default dependent on the relevant roles and permissions for the user.
This means that a user with administrator rights can configure the User Default for all users then if needed the individual users can configure the view themselves.
Be aware that making changes for User Default will not change historic users view who are already set up in Bromcom it will only set the User Default for any new users.
Single Sign On
The Single Sign-On (OAuth) Integration will show the email address linked that is linked for Single Sign-On. See Single Sign On Quick Guide.
You can delete the email address by clicking the red bin icon.
Use this section to configure how registers look. In the example below we’ve chosen to define History and Future in Periods and set Historic to 5 periods and Future to 5 periods.
This will look like this when taking a register in the old interface, showing 5 historic periods and 5 future periods
This example shows 5 historic days and 5 future days
In the sections below you can configure the following;
Show Student Birthdays in register, this will show as a red cake symbol on the register.
Display on screen attendance keys, choose to display left or right
This will show as per the example below, clicking on the keys in the bottom left of the register screen will assign that attendance code to the student selected. To configure which attendance codes are visible in teacher registers see How to Create and Manage Attendance Codes/Marks.
Display Register in either Default, Photo or List View
Please be aware if using a touch screen then please use the photo mode. Clicking default view will open photo by default as it is touch screen compatible. If you choose to force switch to list view then you will not be able to use the register on a touch screen device.
If selected below are examples on the old interface.
Photo View. Student photos will display where available.
List View. Student photos will display where available.
Use this section to configure how Assessment Sheets look. See How to Create and Assessment Sheet.
- Autosave if ticked this will automatically save data in assessment marksheets every 7 minutes in this example ( Frequency of Autosave)
- User Assessment Widget Contents: in the example above this is set to show 5 marksheets ordered by Sheet Name in the Assessment Sheets widget in the Overview tab, you can also choose to order by created date or completion.
- Assessment Page if ticked to limit to todays lesson this just shows the assessment marksheets for todays lessons in the Assessment Sheets list
- Marksheet Layout if ticked this means that any modification made to the columns in assessment sheets will be discarded when the sheets are closed. They will default back to the layout built by the marksheet creator for example the Data Manager/Data Lead. For example if you change the column order or width in a marksheet this will be discarded when the sheets are closed.
In the Diary section from the Default Diary displayed dropdown choose from either Complete, Personal, Automatic , Departmental or School. See here for further guidance on the Diary module.
Click top left Save if making any changes.
Tick to Show Weekends choosing Yes or No if required and for the Default View choose from the drop down either Day, Week or Month
The diary view chosen then shows in Modules>Diary>School Diary
The example below is Complete Diary and view is Week
Use the General panel for the following
- User Access Key : this is used to get data from the MIS using O data
- QR Code to link Teacher App : this is used get the QR code to use the Teacher App
- Default Language: this defaults to English ( United Kingdom)
- Current Interval: this is often used in the End of Year processes to define what academic years users have access to. Nucleus means the user has access to all academic years. These intervals are defined and you can set which roles has access to them in Config>Set Up>Data Boundaries
- Selection Component Page Size: this is used to configure how many results you will see in a list when looking in Reports.
In the example below we have chosen Reports>Attendance>Attendance Certificate>Students to open the Select Student list. This list shows 100 items as Component Page Size is set to 100.
- Projector Mode Login State: this sets the Projector Mode State for the registers from the Teacher/Lesson Dashboard.
Use the Behaviour section to configure how Behaviour looks in Registers.
- Number of Historic Behaviour Days : choose from 0-10 days to show in registers
- Number of Positive, Negative and Neutral Events to show in Overview: choose from 0-10 Events to show in registers
Use the Timetable section to configure how your registers open.
- Open Registers in new window: Your registers will open in a new window when selecting Take Register from the Lesson Dashboard, when using the Old UI only.
- Split Registers: Allows you to take attendance for the lessons individually, where you have classes spanning multiple periods.
You may use the Split Registers option if you have a class scheduled to span 2 consecutive periods and you need to enter different attendance marks for each period.
With the Split Registers option not selected. When you select Take Register from the Lesson Dashboard, it will open both periods on one register and when you enter the attendance for one period, the attendance mark for the other will update automatically .
Whereas with Split Registers enabled, when you select Take Register from the Lesson Dashboard, you will be given the option to select which individual period you would like to take the register for or if you would like to take the registers jointly.
Selecting to take the registers as individual periods, you will need to complete both registers and this will enable you to enter different attendance marks for each session. If you select to take the registers jointly then when you update the attendance for one session it will automatically update for both.