The Spring 2022 Census will be available to Bromcom customers from Monday 10th January 2022.
The Spring 2022 Census has a Reference Date of Thursday 20th January 2022 and a Return Date of Wednesday 16th February 2022.
This page contains guidance for completing the Spring 2022 Census from both Bromcom and the DFE.
DfE guidance about the Census is published here, including the main changes compared to previous years.
Book onto a Census Overview Webinar
You can book onto one of our free Census webinars below.
Below are some Known Issues from the DfE regarding the Spring 2022 Census that you may encounter. They will not be issuing new XLST files, so these issues will be handled when uploading to COLLECT.
- 4007Q (Learner Funding and Monitoring) – The DfE has confirmed that there is an issue with both 4007Q and 4008Q regarding Leaner Funding and Monitoring in the Spring Census 2022. These will be cleared when the School Census file is uploaded to COLLECT.
- 4008Q (Learner Funding and Monitoring 16-19) – The DfE has confirmed that there is an issue with both 4007Q and 4008Q regarding Learner Funding and Monitoring in the Spring Census 2022. These will be cleared when the School Census file is uploaded to COLLECT.
- 3100 (Extended Childcare Hours) – There is some text missing from this error. This error relates to “E1, E2, N1 and N2” NC Year Groups but this does not appear in the error message.
- 1845 – Early years pupil premium – There is a new error that will trigger if early yeas pupil premium has been provided for pupils who are not in receipt of funded hours. This error will not trigger in the MIS but may trigger when loaded to COLLECT.
- 1847- Early years pupil premium – There error which relates to schools with a phase of NS and early years pupil premium has been deleted and is now covered by error 1848. This change has not been included in the XLST and so the MIS may still trigger this error. However it will disappear in loading to COLLECT and only genuine occurrences will remain under error 1848.
- 1862- Early years pupil premium – This error has been extended to include nursery schools. This error will not trigger for nursery schools in their MIS but may trigger when loaded to COLLECT.
- 2374 and 2377- School arranged alternative provision – An issue has been identified with XSLT which is sent to software suppliers whereby if a pupil has multiple records for a school arranged AP placement, only the first record will be validated. A fix has been applied to COLLECT therefore genuine occurrences will be present on loading to COLLECT.