This guide is for customers who are new to Bromcom in September 2022, and contains useful information about the support you will receive as a new customer.
The guide covers:
- Accessing support and Bromcom Community
- Free training for new schools
- Get support from your Customer Success Manager
- Planning for your first Census
- Helpful guidance for new schools
Accessing support and the Bromcom Community
Your implementation team will have added your nominated contacts to support (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure if this has been done). Those who are already registered can add other contacts using our online form. Please read our comprehensive guide to Bromcom support on how your schools can add new users to the support desk via the online form.
Once users are added to support, they will also be sent an invite to the Bromcom Community. Read about the Community here.
Get support from your Customer Success Manager
Each school going live with Bromcom gets assigned a Customer Success Manager who provides them with free, 1-2-1 training ‘phonecalls in their first few weeks of using Bromcom. Read about the service here.
Primary schools generally have 2-3 transition calls and secondary schools generally have 4-5 transition calls.
These calls can be used for more in depth support than you would get from helpdesk; for example, configuring modules, demo’ing certain features, or building reports. You can also use the calls as more general Q and A slots.
Your Customer Success Manager will contact you shortly before you go live to book in these calls. If you are unsure who has been assigned to you, you can email email@example.com.
Book a transition call here (you’ll need to know who your Customer Success Manager is).
Free training for new schools
We’re running some courses aimed primarily at new customers at the end of August. These are short sessions covering basic tasks needed for September.
Please use the links below to register:
Planning for your first Census
Please read our dedicated Census page which provides guidance and free, live training on how to run the Census.
Helpful guidance for new schools
Read guidance on Administration;
- The Student Profile Page
- How to Add Students via CTF Import
- How to Process Leavers
- Print a Student Timetable
- Print a Staff Timetable
- Manual Data Import/Export
Read guidance on Assessment;
- How to Create an Assessment Sheet
- How to Import Assessment Data using a Marksheet
- How to Import Assessment data using a CSV
- How to Manage Comment Banks
Read guidance on Attendance;
- How to Use Register Update Parameters
- How to Use Bulk Attendance Update
- How to Create/Manage Attendance Code
Read guidance on Behaviour;
- How to Enter Behaviour Data for Teachers
- How to Create a New Behaviour Event
- How to Create a New Detention Type
- How to Schedule Detention
Read guidance on Communication;
Read guidance on Dinners;
Read guidance on Exams;
- How to Create a Season Pattern and a Season
- How to Add a Season and set as Active
- How to Upload Basedata and Results Files.
- How to Import/Refresh Basedata
- How to Add Internal Candidates/Assign UCI/Candidate Numbers
- How to Manage Exam Entries
Read guidance on Reports;
Read Guidance on Curriculum;
Read Guidance on MyChildAtSchool;
- How to Create MyChildAtSchool User Accounts
- How to Manage MyChildAtSchool User Accounts
- MyChildAtSchool Parent Guide
- How to Configure Online Payments
- How to Manage Existing Order on MyChildAtSchool
- How to Create a Club or a Trip
Read Guidance on Set Up;
Access General Guidance on these areas;