Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
This feature allows Users to view school Announcements via MCAS and via a Push Notification.
From the left Menu go to Modules > MyChildAtSchool > Configuration > Announcements.
This will open the Announcement Settings page.
- Enable Announcement Module – tick to Enable and display the Widget on the Parent Portal
- Announcement Module Title – the Title entered here will be what will be seen on the Widget on the Parent Portal
- Announcement Module Subtitle – this can be left blank
- To make it more personable entering a phrase like: There are Announcements for %StudentName% will display the Student Name
- No Data Existing Message – a message can be displayed here if there are no current Announcements
- To make it more personable entering a phrase like: There are currently no Announcements for %StudentName% will display the Student Name
Add a New Announcement
To Add an Announcement click on the Add New Announcement button. This will open the Announcement Maintenance page.
- Announcement Title – add a Title for the Announcement
- Announcement Message – add the Message
- Group Type – select the Group/s the Announcement is to be sent to
- Available From and Available To – add the Dates the Announcement will be available from and available to
- The Available To Date will be the last Date the Announcement will be displayed, so leave this blank if the Announcement does not expire
- Attachments – if required an Attachment can be added by using the Browse button
- Document Name – any Attachments will be listed here, a Delete icon will display to the left
- Push Notification – tick to send a Push Notification to contacts about the Announcement
- Note: A Push Notification will be sent when the Announcement is created on today’s date or at 9AM on a selected date
When you have finished click the Save button or the Close button to abandon the Announcement.