This page is for our valued support partners, who supply technical support services for the Bromcom MIS or Finance product. It contains information on:
- Support centre accreditation programme
- Ongoing training
- Ongoing support
- Checking for known issues
- Checking for performance issues
- Raising a case with support
- Raise a development idea
- Using the SIMS migration portal
Support centre accreditation programme
Use the links below to access the training courses. These are ‘topped up’ with your time with a Success Manager (see section ‘Ongoing support.’)
Live webinar training run almost every week, free of charge, for all customers including support partners. Book webinar training – https://bromcom.teachable.com/p/home
You can buy onsite or bespoke training by emailing email@example.com.
We offer all support centres time with a Bromcom Success Manager (a product expert in our software) free of charge, to aid you in supporting your schools. These are individuals with experience supporting support centres in particular, as well as end users.
If you’re struggling with a case or have further training queries, please use the booking link below to book a slot with a Success Manager:
Checking for Known Issues
When there is an issue with the software that is classified as Critical, High or Medium Priority, we publish these on the Known Issues Page of the Support Site.
We aim to provide a workaround for every Known Issue and the planned date for fixing the issue.
Checking for Performance Incidents
Use the service status page to check for any performance degradation. You can subscribe for real time updates.
Raising a case with support
Support contact channels
Support partners have access to web cases only. We do not currently provide a phoneline or webchat to reach our third line service.
In our portal, you should be able to see every school that you support. If you are not able to see and raise cases for ”your” schools, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our support desk processes and SLA
Our SLA to support partners covers Incidents only, these are defined as per the categories outlined here.
Please pay particular attention to the Information that you must provide to us in order for us to meet this SLA to you.
Please read this article to learn about our support desk processes and how to get the best from the service.
Raise a development idea
Since 2021, Bromcom has added hundreds of features and changes based on customer-submitted suggestions on the Ideas portal. Customers are at the heart of what Bromcom does and how we design and updates our products.
This guide will share how your Ideas influence development decisions.
How does Bromcom communicate what’s in its releases?
- New release information is published ahead of the completion of each sprint at docs.bromcom.com/coming-soon
- Upon release, information regarding the content of the release is available at whatsnew.bromcomcloud.com
How To Raise a Development Idea
- Support portal contacts can go to our Ideas portal at Ideas.bromcomcloud.com and create or vote on Ideas.
- We recommend that you search for existing Ideas to avoid creating duplicates. This avoids splitting votes and makes it easier for others to find your Idea fi they want to raise something similar.
- You can use the filter options on the page to help you look for existing Ideas by status, category, and popularity.
- Promotion and discussion of raised Ideas on the Bromcom Community at community.bromcom.com is very welcomed.
What Happens to Development Ideas?
- All newly raised development Ideas are reviewed on a weekly basis and assigned to relevant product owners (POs).
- Idea statuses are assigned depending on the stage the Idea is at, how many votes it has etc. as follows:
|New||Any Idea that has < 10 votes will remain in the New status.||If an Idea fails to get at least 10 votes within a timeframe of 3 months, will be rejected automatically|
|Needs 50 Votes||Upon reviewing, if the Idea aligns with our future roadmap and adds value to the product, we will move it to Needs 50 Votes status.||If an Idea fails to get at least 50 votes within a timeframe of 6 months, it will be rejected automatically.|
|Future Consideration||Ideas that have at least 50 votes will be further reviewed in alignment with our roadmap, business strategy and other priorities that we currently have.||If an Idea doesn’t fall in our current roadmap, it will remain in this status. This helps us to consider these Ideas in our future. Bromcom is not able to give indicative timelines for these future considerations.|
|Under Roadmap||Ideas that fall under the categories of our upcoming roadmap will be moved to the Under Roadmap status. This means we intend to implement them, but at this time are not under development.|
|Planned||Ideas that are moved to the Planned status are added to our development queues to be implemented.||Any Planned Idea to be released is subject to testing and may be delayed if they do not meet quality requirements.|
|Released||Once the Idea has been successfully implemented this will then be moved the Released status with the version number against it.||Every academic year the queue will be reset for Bromcom to track the released Ideas for the current academic year.|
|Will not implement||Ideas are placed into this status because there are no plans to implement it currently. This can be for various reasons outlined below.||Ideas placed in ‘Will not implement’ will only be visible to the original poster.|
Why Are Some Raise Development Ideas Rejected?
|Already Exists||This feature already exists in Bromcom or the action is already achievable.|
|Similar or associated development||We are already working on something else that is close to or part of the Idea.|
|Not technically possible||There is a technical, process or statutory barrier to preventing implementation of the Idea.|
|Lack of broad appeal||This occurs for Ideas where not enough votes were achieved after set periods (mentioned above)|
- If your Idea has been rejected or placed into a ‘Will not implement’ state, the Idea can be raised again in future. Bromcom is an agile development organisation, so opportunities to implement certain Ideas may come up again.
- Although rejected development Ideas are not visible to all, the original creator will still be able to view them and Bromcom maintains a log of every Idea that is created.
Why Can’t Bromcom Implement More Development Ideas and/or do them Quicker?
- Bromcom’s development roadmap is determined by several factors including broader customer feedback, the company’s objectives, strategy, resource availability and (of course) statutory obligations.
- Our 2023 Roadmap includes many items requested by existing customers. https://docs.bromcom.com/product-portfolio/bromcom-roadmap-2023/
Using the SIMS migration portal
Guidance for using the SIMS migration portal for migrating your schools to Bromcom is below.
Process for migrating a school from SIMS – Read this article
Processing migration support desk cases – we manage the migration via a support desk ticket. Please view guide below:
Other Useful Links
View the latest releases – https://whatsnew.bromcomcloud.com/en
Bromcom MIS URL – https://cloudmis.bromcom.com/Nucleus/Framework/Login.aspx
Escalate a case – email the Customer Care Team email@example.com