How to Configure Google or Microsoft Single Sign-On
Enabling the Single Sign-On Option
From the left Menu go to Config > Setup > Security Settings. Note: You will only have access to this page if you have the correct Roles and Permissions.
Select Single Sign–On Providers Configuration and tick the box, Enable Self Registration. If required, also check Disable Authentication for Mapped MIS Accounts to prevent staff from using the standard issue login.
This will now allow Staff to link their own Single Account with Bromcom.
Linking a Single Account with Bromcom
Login to the Bromcom MIS with your Bromcom account details (School ID, Username and Password) and click the Login button.
Go to your My Account page, which is available via the dropdown menu in the top right hand corner of the page.
Under the Single Sign-On section you can either:
- Use your Google account by clicking the Link with Google Account button.
- Use your Microsoft account by clicking the Link with Microsoft Account button.
Next, you will need to login using your Google or Microsoft account credentials to authenticate with the Single Sign–On provider.
Click Accept to give permission for the Bromcom Single Sign-On Integration App.
Linking Multiple Accounts with Bromcom
Linked Accounts can be viewed from this Settings page using the View Linked Accounts option.
Click on the View Linked Accounts button and then select the Show Accounts without Single Sign-On radio button. This will list all of the Accounts without a Single Sign–On option.
From the Grid Actions click on the CSV option, this will Export the list to CSV. Where you can update the Single Sign on Account column.
When the file has been updated click on the Import button, Browse for your CSV file, select the columns to match criteria and either Microsoft or Google for the Sign-On and click the Import button. A Confirmation showing the number of changes will be displayed, select either Cancel or Proceed.
After this, Users will be able to login to the system with their own Google or Microsoft Account, without the need to know their Bromcom account details.
How to Use Google or Microsoft Single Sign-On
Once you have linked your MIS account with one of the Single Sign-On providers’ return to the MIS Login page.
- If you would like to login with your Google account click the Login with Google Account button
- If you would like to login with your Microsoft account click the Login with Microsoft Account button
Select the account you want to use and enter your credentials again. You have now linked the accounts fully.
Logging in to the Bromcom MIS.
- If your authenticated Google or Microsoft account is linked to one of the Bromcom MIS accounts in the school, the system will automatically log you into the linked account straight away.
- If your authenticated Google or Microsoft account is linked to more than one Bromcom MIS accounts, the system will redirect you to a page where you can choose which Bromcom MIS system you would like to login to.
- If your authenticated Google or Microsoft account is NOT linked with any Bromcom MIS accounts, you will be redirected to login page with an appropriate error message.
If you need any assistance, please contact the Helpdesk on 020 8290 7177.