In this guide, you will be shown how to carry out the following actions regarding Room Booking Requests;
- View requests
- Create requests, and
- Edit existing requests
To swap a room or book a room for a class, see How to View and Edit a Teaching Class
Access: The minimum permissions required to Manage Room Booking Requests are found in the Diary Module of Config>Setup>Roles & Permissions. Room Booking Requests>Delete is optional should you require it.
View or Search for Room Booking Requests
From Modules>Diary, select Room Booking Requests.
This will open the Room Booking Requests page; if you are unable to see any buttons i.e. Edit or Delete then please check your permissions with your system administrator.
Use this page to View Room Booking Requests and filter/search by the following fields;
- Status – by default the Status is All, use the Status dropdown to Filter by All, Requested, Allocated or Declined Room Booking Requests.
- Day Start/Day End – by default the Room Booking Requests page shows the previous month’s requests up until the current date, for example Start Date 12/10/2020 End Date 12/11/2020. To see Room Booking Requests outside of the default dates either type the required date in the Day Start or Day End box or alternatively click the calendar icon to change the date. The screen will refresh to show Room Booking Requests in the defined start and end dates.
- Search – use the Search box to search by either Booking, Start Date, Description, Room, Owner or Status. The list with refresh to show the requests that match the Search.
- Grid actions – the information in the Room Booking Requests grid can be exported in various formats Excel, CSV or PDF, copied to clipboard or printed if required. When exported the information will be saved locally.
Create a New Room Booking Request
From Modules select Diary and then Room Booking Requests, or use the Global Search option. This function can also be accessed from the School Diary page and selecting New Room Booking.
Click New to Create a New Room Booking Request;
This will open the Room Booking Request screen;
All fields in the Room Booking Request page marked with * must be completed.
- Staff – select a member of staff from the dropdown, this will be the staff member who will be using the Room requested.
- Start Date/End Date and Time – either type in the date or time or click on the calendar or clock to define the date and time the Room is required.
- Unknown – select this option if the End Date of the Room Booking is unknown. Note when selected the Recurrence function is disabled.
- Location – select the required Room from the dropdown, Show only FREE rooms is selected by default. Untick to see all rooms available and unavailable.
- Description – complete this box with the description for the Room Booking Request for example Teacher Training Session.
- Notes – complete this box with any notes relevant to the booking for the administrator to see.
- Status – choose either allocated or declined.
- Requested by – this is the member of staff who requested the room booking , this may be the same or different from the member of staff who is using the Room.
Click Save to complete the request.
Recurrence – Use this function if a Room Booking is recurring; for example a member of staff needs the same Room at the Same Date & Time for 3 weeks. The Recurrence Settings allows the Room Booking Request to Repeat Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly, with a defined number of repeats and defined Start and End date.
Click Clear to clear the Recurrence Settings or Cancel to return to the previous screen.
Once the Recurrence Settings are correct click Save.
Edit a Room Booking Request
From Modules select Diary and then Room Booking Requests, or use the Global Search option.
This will open the Room Booking Requests page;
Filter the view using the Status dropdown and the Start and End Date if required or use Search to search for a specific Room Booking Request. Use the arrows on the column headers to sort the view if required.
Select the required Room Booking Request you wish to amend and click Edit.
This will display all the details for the Room Booking Request the details can be edited on this page. Click Save to save any amendments made.