Note: All pages below are subject to having the relevant Roles and Permissions.
Use a Watchlist to notify people (for example parents and/or students) when certain events take place. For example in Attendance all N codes recorded for AM Registration, or Detentions awarded for that day.
In this guide:
- Choose the Students or Groups of Students
- Operational Settings for Attendance and Behaviour
- Delivery Settings
Note: Watchlists are used to search for Attendance Codes/Meaning, Behaviour Events or Actions and Detentions Awarded or Scheduled on the Specific Day you are running the Watchlist.
See also: How To Create a Message Template.
To start, from the left Menu go to Config > Communication > Watchlists.
This will open the Watchlists page, select New.
Search for Students or Groups of Students
Select either the Individual Students or the Class or Tutor Group option. Then either begin typing the name and select from the given dropdown list or click on the Magnifying Glass to open the Student or Group Selector.
Tip: In order for all Current Students to be included in the process, including Students that may be added on roll in the future, choose Class or Tutor Group and then the (V) Boys and (V) Girls Groups. These are dynamic Groups that update overnight to include any new Students.
Click Done to add the Groups.
Then move onto the Operational Settings panel.
Select the relevant field on the dropdown list to Monitor By.
Creating a Watchlist
Select an option from the Monitor By dropdown list.
Note: When selecting Behaviour or Detention options from the Monitor By dropdown list there will be fewer selections to be made.
Once you have selected the Periods to Notify On, and Enabled Days, complete the relevant checkboxes.
- Threshold for number of consecutive periods – choose from 1 or more to define, leave at zero to turn off.
- Allow Repeat Send Option: if this is enabled then the chosen method of communications will be sent multiple times in the same period for the same event. As an example, if you are using an SMS to notify of absence and the Watch List is then processed again for the same period, the system will send out another SMS to the same Contact for the same absence. If this is Disabled, the Contact will only receive one SMS per absence/event, regardless of the amount of processes.
- Watch Each Period Independently: This will determine whether or not the list will watch each period independently, so if multiple periods have been selected and this option is ticked the system will search for students who have been absent for all or any of the periods. If unticked then the system will search for students who have been absent for all of the periods (this is only applied to Consecutive Periods).
- Ignore Present Students: Checking this will ignore all Students that are Present. So if a student is marked as N for AM but then marked as Present for Period 1 it will ignore this student.
- Notify On Return: When ticked and in the example a parent has been sent a message stating their child is absent and subsequently a teacher gives the child a present mark in the lesson after, it will resend another message to the parent to say that now returned hence “Notify on Return”
Then choose who to notify, the Contact and/or the Student.
A Message will be sent based on the options and Contacts selected in the Delivery Settings panel.
Then select the Process option, which by default is set as Manual. Selecting Automatic will ask you to enter the Schedule Settings.
If Manual is selected you will let need to Process the Watchlist when required.
A Summary of Progress panel is displayed at the bottom of the page and will give an overview of the options you have selected for this Watchlist.
When finished click the Save button, this will open a Save Watchlist pop-up, where you can add a Name and a Description for the Watchlist, complete this and Save.
To Process a Watchlist Manually from the left Menu go to Modules > Communication > Routines > Watchlist Process.
Choose the Watchlist you want to Process from the dropdown.
We can then choose to either Select All or Select Specific Students by clicking on each Student in turn
Config > Setup > Roles and Permissions > Analysis > School On a Page
The option will have to be enabled from the Communication module for the appropriate Roles.