Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
This guide will show you how to add a formula column to an Assessment Marksheet. Formulas are used in assessment for many reasons and there are different formulas you can choose from, (e.g. averages, sums) to compare between students, between predicted and actual grades, and between assessment data points.
Formula examples are covered in the Assessment Training see here to book Assessment Training.
- Basic Assessment Sheet completed – please see How to create an Assessment Sheet; and
- Assessment Data in the Sheet.
Start by going to Modules > Assessment > Manage Templates
Select the Template that you wish to add a formula to and click Edit
Second box down Columns > Add > Column Type > Add Formula Columns
The Add Template Column screen will appear
Complete the relevant information
- Column Type: If you want to use the result in Reports, you need to tick Entry. If not please tick Review
- Chose the Column Name – a shorthand name, here we have chosen Difference – PG v CG (difference between the predicted grade and the current grade).
- Choose the Formula* type that you want to use (in this case, Difference).
- Choose the Columns you want to include in the Formula – predicted grade and current grade for example
Then Click Add
This will have Added the Difference column and it will appear at the bottom of your list of Columns. If you want to move it, you can by Changing the Number Order.
Note: you Cannot move it Above the columns that are included in the formula.
Once you have the column in place you can save the Template, close it and then open the sheet to view iit (Modules > Assessment > Assessment Sheets List.)
Here you will be able to view the new columns in the marksheet, as in the image below:
If you need to amend anything, navigate back to the Template from Modules > Assessment > Manage Templates.