Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
Use this guide to help apply or re-apply a timetable which has been built in Nova-T6.
- For how to import a timetable from Bromcom E-Timetable, please see How to Apply a Timetable Model from e-Timetable.
- For how to import a timetable from Keith Johnson TimeTabler, please see How To Import your Timetable from Keith Johnson TimeTabler.
Note: Blocks and Bands are NOT Imported from Nova-T6.
- Nova-T6 timetable files (.xml) with desired timetable;
- A completed period structure in Bromcom that you can map the new timetable to – see How To Create a New Period Structure;
- When applying your Nova T6 timetable for the first time, subjects and year groups need to be assigned to each class, as this information is not included in the XML file exported from Nova T6. See How To Use Quick Edit To Update Class Year Group/Subject in Bulk
- All staff in Nova T6 should also be in Bromcom and their staff initials should match exactly (to avoid duplications of staff records).
IMPORTANT: If you are re-applying a timetable mid-year, the file must have a different name from the one in the Bromcom system already. You can also contact the Bromcom Helpdesk to request a system backup before you Apply your Timetable.
Preparation – understanding your period structure
To help you map the Nova-T6 periods to the Bromcom periods, it is helpful to create a table (for example, in Excel) of the Nova T6 timetable cycle.
Each period within the cycle needs numbering starting from 1 and from top to bottom for each day (please see below example). You will use these numbers when mapping the Nova T6 timetable file to the Bromcom period structure.
Import the Nova-T6 file
Start by going to Modules>Curriculum>Apply Timetable Model (Nova-T6).
Firstly, you will need to set the start and end date that you wish the timetable file to be applied between. Please ensure these dates are Academic Days (when students are in school).
Choose whether to ‘Overwrite existing timetable’, depending on whether you are adding to the timetable already there or overwriting it completely.
If you want to add to the existing timetable you may wish to contact the Helpdesk first.
You will now need to select the the NovaT.xml files to import.
Click Browse and select the NCLASS file from your saved location and then click Select files to select all of the TBTRA, TBTRB, TBTRC, etc.. files.
When you’re done click Upload files.
Once the files have uploaded successfully, click Process.
Map the Periods to your Bromcom Period Structure
You now need to map the periods from the Nova T6 timetable file to the periods in your Bromcom period structure.
Using the table created before you started the process (below), you can see the numbers that need to be selected from the drop down list for each period.
In Bromcom, click on each period drop-down and select the corresponding period number from Nova-T6. To ensure that the periods map correctly, start from Day_1 and work your way across.
Important: You are mapping Teaching Periods only. The numbers available for each period are sequential, but with gaps for the non-teaching periods which fall in between them.
Apply the Timetable
When you’re ready to import the file click Apply and you will get a confirmation popup. Click Proceed to continue.
This will now import the Nova-T6 timetable.