Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
The Staff Default Times and Availability settings allow you to define the default Cover Time for Staff members in Hours, Weeks and Years. This tool also allows you to set default values for Staff member availability.
To start from the left Menu go to Config > Cover > Staff Default Times and Availability.
This will open the Default Settings page. There are four Staff Types, Teacher, Support, Supply and Agency, for both sections. Decide which Staff Type you wish to set the defaults.
Move to the Define Staff Default Timings section.
If the amount of Cover time has no restriction you can select Unrestricted from the dropdown list. If you would like the amount of Cover time to be based on the specific Teacher’s available sessions, select Based on available sessions from the dropdown list.
If you select Specified, you can set the Default Timings for each Day, Week and Year.
If you would like to Exclude AM/PM Covers from the total amount of Cover time, simply tick the AM/PM Excluded Tick box.
Finally, click the Save button.
You can now move onto the Define Staff Default Availability section.
If applicable, you can set the number of Working Days in which the Covering members of Staff can Cover for.
Now determine whether this Staff Group will be available for Cover or not available for Cover.
- No Cover – the residing Staff Members can still be used for Cover, but the user will be prompted with a warning before making the Cover Assignment
- Cover S – Can only cover School Absences
- Cover P – Can only cover Personal Absences
- Cover P & S – Can cover both Personal and School Absences
You can now set the Highlight Option settings – this determines how the availability of the Staff member will be displayed.
- Free – is anywhere the teacher is free on the timetable you will be able to use them for cover
- Cover – is when teachers are given certain periods when they can be used for cover on the timetable.