In this guide, we will show you how to carry out the following tasks with regards to Pre-Admissions;
- Creating a Pre-Admission Group, which will then allow you to add Pre-Admission Students to your system.
- View Pre-Admission Students.
Access: To create a Pre-Admission Group, you will need the following permission from within the Administration Module of Config>Setup>Roles and Permissions.
Create a Pre-Admission Group
To begin, go to Modules>Administration>Pre-Admission Groups.
Any previously created Pre-Admission Groups will be displayed by default. To create a new Pre-Admission Group, press New.
Complete the following details, note all fields marked with * must be completed.
- DOB From: Enter the date of birth range for the required Year Group
- DOB To: This will populate automatically once the DOB From Date has been populated
- Admission Date: This is the date the students will be admitted.
- Planned Yr Grp: This will populate based on the defined Date of Birth Range.
- Year Name: If Auto Generate Name is selected this will Auto Generate a name based on the year group and the year of admission. Untick Auto Generate to edit this field.
- Planned Admission: Complete with your planned admission number
- Numbers to Rank: This need to be completed even if you are not managing your own admissions. Note this number must be at least 25% more than Planned Admission i.e. planned admission = 100 , Number to Rank = 125.
- Admission Policy: If you are not managing your own admissions leave this as Not Selected, otherwise choose the Admission Policy from the drop down box or click the + to Create an Admission Policy. The criteria for Admission Policies are defined in Config>Admin>Lookup Tables> Admission Criteria. (See also: How to Edit Lookup Tables).
Click Create to complete the process.
For the next step, which would be adding Pre-Admission Students to your system via a CTF and ATF Import, please refer to the following guide;
View Pre Admission Students
To view Pre-Admission Students, navigate to the Students list page.
Next, click on the Search Filters (top right) and from the Status dropdown choose Pre-Admission.
This means now only Pre-Admission Students are being displayed. Press Close
You can now click on the Pre-Admission Student(s) required and click View to open the Student Profile or press Actions to carry out other tasks such as Quick Edit.