Note: All pages below are subject to having the relevant Roles and Permissions.
In this guide, we will show you how to add Students to your system via a CTF Import.
You can use a CTF File to:
- Create new Students and add their data, or
- Update existing Students data.
Note: You will need a valid CTF file to carry out this process.
See also: How to add a new student.
To begin, go to the Student List page.
From the top of the page, select Actions then CTF Import.
Press Browse to select the CTF file from its location on your PC.
Choose which information you want to Import, ensuring that the Enter Admission Date (the Student’s start date) is correctly set if they are not starting on the current day/today.
Note: There is also an option for Complete Missing Data or Overwrite Existing Data.
This only applies when you are adding data for existing Students so this can be ignored if you are adding entirely new Students via the CTF Import.
Once you have chosen which data to Import, press Next.
You then have three options:
- Create New – This will create a new Student with a new Admission Number and add the Data contained within the CTF File.
- Match Existing – This will match to a Student on the MIS, if the data matches you can select the Student from the dropdown list shown bellow. If the MIS recognises matching Student information, it will match the Students automatically.
- Don’t Import – This does not create a new Student.
Important: if you want to match data to existing Students or Student Records that have been previously created, you will be asked to choose whether to Complete Missing Data or Overwrite Existing Data.
Overwriting will replace the data that is present for that Student in the system so should be approached carefully, while Complete Missing Data will use the CTF data to complete any missing parts of the Student’s record.
After you have selected your Import Option, click the Import button to complete the process.