This guide details logging in and using the MCAS online parent portal to coincide with the simplified MyChildAtSchool parent login and account registration process.
See also :
- MCAS – Changes to MIS
- How to use the MCAS Web Parent Portal
- MCAS Parent Guide – Existing Accounts
- MyChildAtSchool (MCAS) FAQ
- How to reset MCAS password
Existing Parent Accounts
The MCAS Login process enables parents to log into the MCAS online parent portal using an Email Address.
Parents will be able to view multiple Student MCAS accounts in one place without the need to enter individual School IDs and Usernames for each student. Parents will need to use the Email Address registered with their MCAS account and current Password.
- Access the MyChildAtSchool mobile phone app, this will open the Parent Login screen.
- Enter the Email Address and Password. Use the existing Email Address registered to the MCAS account and the Password currently in use to Login.
- Click on the Login button.
- Login to the MCAS account and see all students linked to that Email Address.
Note: If parents have more than one Profile using the same Email Address, a popup will appear, select the Profile they wish to use to continue to the Dashboard. Students associated with each Profile are displayed on each row. Click on the Profile. The Dashboard will open for that Profile..
New Parent Accounts
The MCAS Login process allows parents to log into the MCAS online portal using their Email Address and Password. Parents can view multiple Student MCAS accounts in one place.
Note: School MIS users refer to User Account Creation in MCAS User Accounts changes to MIS
- Schools will create a new User Account and click on the Send Generate Password Email button.
- Parents will receive an email from the school with a link to the Parent Login screen.
- Parents will click Here to open the Create Your Password screen.
Below is an example email sent to a parent.
- Parents will Enter Password and Confirm Password.
- Parents will then click Create Password.
Note: Parents should contact the school if their email address is not recognised.
Schools should update the email address for that Contact in Modules > MyChildAtSchool > Administration > User Accounts > User Account Maintenance or Students > Student Details > Contacts.
- The page will return to the Login screen.
- Parents will now be able to Login using their Email Address and Password.
Note: If parents have more than one Profile using the same Email Address, a popup will appear, select the Profile they wish to use to continue to the Dashboard. Students associated with each Profile are displayed on each row. Click on the Profile. The Dashboard will open for that Profile.
Once the password has been created, parents can login from within the web browser type www.mychildatschool.com or access the MyChildAtSchool mobile phone app, this will open the Parent Login screen.
How to use the Parent Portal
- How to select the MCAS Dashboard
- How to change profile
- Student attending multiple schools
- Shopping Basket
How to select the MCAS Dashboard
The MCAS Dashboard allows parents to view multiple Student MCAS accounts in one place. All Students linked to a parent account will appear in the dropdown in the Dashboard with School and Student Name. The dropdown allows parents to switch between Student accounts.
Note: Parents will see Students who are viewed by a different Profile who share the same Email Address. If parents click on those Students they will get a message User profile will change to ‘XXX’, do you want to continue?.
How to change Profile
Click on Accounts and then select the Profile you want to change to.
Student attending multiple schools
If a Student attends multiple schools – the Homework, Exams (Results and Timetables) and Timetable pages will show the data for all schools merged together.
If there are any items in the Shopping Basket and a parent switches to a different school either from the student dropdown in the Dashboard or from Accounts, a message will appear ‘Changing school will clear your basket. Do you wish to continue?‘.