In this guide, we will cover Homework and how it can be configured to be viewed on the Student Portal.
Access: The minimum permissions required to access the Homework page is found in the Student Portal Module of Config>Setup>Roles & Permissions.
For more guidance on the Configuration of Student Portal see here.
From the left Menu go to Config>Student Portal>Homework.
The Homework Module Settings page will be displayed.
- Enable Homework Module – tick box to display Homework on the Student Portal
- Homework Module Title – select a Title for the Module which will be displayed on Student Portal
- Show Future Homeworks – tick if future dated Homework is to be displayed
- Show Homework even if a student is no longer associated with the subject – this is unchecked by default. If checked, students can now see homework that they have been associated with in the current academic year, even if they are no longer study that subject (for example, because of changes in class memberships).
- Enable Assessment Links section for Teachers when creating homework tasks – if ticked will enable Staff to link the Homework to Assessment
- Tick the fields you want to display in the Homework Table:
- Marked By
- Show Homework Widget on Dashboard – tick to display a Homework Widget on the Student Portal Dashboard
Note: Homework will already be accessible from the left Menu on the Student Portal, if it has been Enabled. The Widget is an addition to the Dashboard.
- Enable messaging functionality on homework tasks – tick to enable messaging allowing the Student and Teacher to communicate regarding that Homework assignment
When finished, click Save.