In this guide, we will cover how to manage MCAS User Accounts in both of the following scenarios;
- User Accounts Administration: Including where a parent is required to have access to more than one child on the parent portal and add, edit or remove parental access to a student/s and the student contact information.
- Duplicate User Accounts: Where parents have more than one MCAS User Account.
- From the side menu, go to the Others page and ensure you do not have duplicate records for any Parents/Contacts see: Duplicate MCAS User Accounts.
- If you have Staff with children at your School, you must create a separate Contact Record for these Staff, do not link their MCAS Account to their Staff Record. They must exist on the system as Contacts to link with MCAS successfully.
Access: The minimum permissions required to access MCAS User Accounts are found in the MCAS Module of Config>Setup>Roles & Permissions.
- MCAS – Changes to Bromcom
- How to Create MyChildAtSchool User Accounts
- MyChildAtSchool Parent Guide
- MyChildAtSchool General Settings.
User Account Administration
From the left menu, go to Modules > MCAS > User Accounts.
This will open the User Accounts screen.
Whichever of the 3 radio buttons you choose the system will remember this choice and the next time you access this page it will default to the choice you made the last time you logged in.
Change the top left User Account choices to select Contacts and the screen will refresh to show Contacts.
Either click on an individual Contact and from the Actions drop down select Edit,
Or use the Search option to Search by Profile or Email Address.
This will show the User Account Maintenance screen for that user and the Students that are linked to that account.
Tick on Access to award or remove Access to the selected Student/s.
Tip : If a Student is not selected in Access the parent will not be able to view this student on MyChildAtSchool.
Show Student Details controls whether the parent can see the selected Students Details like Address in MyChildAtSchool within the Data Collection section.
The MyChildAtSchool administrator can configure what student and contact information parents can view and amend in Config> MyChildAtSchool > Student and Contact Details.
When you’re done, click Save.
You can also use the Actions drop down if you want to select several User Accounts ( in the example below Contacts has been chosen) and choose to either Edit, Enable, Disable, Delete, Send reset Password email or View Recovery Email Accounts.
Duplicate User Accounts
This section will cover duplicate MyChildAtSchool user accounts . For example a parent has two children in school and has two separate MyChildAtSchool accounts.
Where more than one account has been created for a parent one of the user accounts will be disabled and the other user account can be edited so all the required children are visible to the parent on MyChildAtSchool under one User Account.
This is done in the User Account Maintenance page (Modules>MCAS>User Accounts).
This will open the User Accounts page, on the User Accounts drop down choose Contacts.
Click on the User Account you wish to amend and from the Actions drop down select Edit to display the User Account Maintenance page.
Use this page to Disable an account by changing the Account Status to Disabled and Save.
To allow Access to a Student that is listed in this page tick Access and Save. The Students listed in User Account Maintenance are all the students linked to the selected contact,
Note : Show Student Details – when selected this will allow the contact to view Student Details defined by the administrator in the set up of MyChildAtSchool. If not selected the contact will not be able to see the Students Details in MyChildAtSchool. See also How to Set Up Student Contact Details Configurations.