Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
See also: How to Create a New Academic Calendar.
Use this guide to add Staff Only Days, School Holidays and Bank Holidays to your MIS.
See here for DfE guidance on attendance.
From the Home Screen choose Config>Curriculum>Academic Days .
Select the Academic Days
To edit the Academic Days, select the required Academic Year from the dropdown menu and click Edit.
The page opens with the Current Term or First term, if you’ve selected a future calendar.
The Key and Display explains the details of the current view:
• Day Status – is the Key to the Codes used
• Calendar defined using the following period structure(s)– the Period Structure you are looking at
• Colour Dropdown – the colour assigned for your different Period Structures
• Display Timetable Days – choose to display by the Timetable Days applied for each day of each week
• Display Week Labels – choose to display by the Timetable Week
Edit the Days
Click on the edit Pencil icon for the required week.
Add appropriate Codes for each day’s AM/PM as required.
Save when finished for that week and repeat for each week as required.
Reveal or hide the Terms by clicking on blue arrow to the right of each Term heading.
Cascade Timetable on Save is generally used for Timetables with more than a one week cycle.
For example, where a school has made changes to the Calendar and wants to ensure a two-week Timetable Cycle is maintained after the changes. You also have the options to Cascade changes only within this term or Cascade changes in this term and all subsequent terms.
Click the Week number and amend each of the Timetable Days to reflect the required week’s Timetable Days and then select the relevant Radio button.
Repeat the process through the Terms if necessary until the desired Academic Days Structure has been completed.