Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
Setup Online Payment options, enable the use of Instalments and View Bank Accounts.
See also: How to Manage Product Categories.
From the left Menu go to Config > MyChildAtSchool > Online Payments.
Configure Online Payment Settings
- Choose whether it will be Enabled or not. Enabled will display the Widget on the Parent Portal
- Choose the Title for the module and the Subtitle
- Enable Dinner Money Collection, for school dinners.
- Enable PayPoint – for use with PayPoint. Please note that if you wish to enable PayPoint, you also need to contact the Bromcom Helpdesk.
- Enable Offline Purchases – allows for Products to be advertised without online payment required. For example, payment by cheque to the school. You can customise the offline payment message as required.
- Do not allow parents to create negative balances – ticking this option will prevent parents from booking Running Balance Clubs if they have insufficient funds. Parents will be given the option to top up their balance at the time of booking. Clicking on the Information i will display the following explanation: If selected, any purchase for Running Balance Clubs that will create a negative balance will force the parent to make a payment. This will prevent any parent from making a negative balance. Note: Administrators will still be able to create a negative balance.
- Parents can use existing balances to make purchases – ticking this option will allow parents to use existing balances when making a purchase. The balance has to be the same or more than the purchase cost.
- BACS Remittance Delivery Email Address: if required add an email in here to inform by email when BACS Payments are made.
- Send email confirmation after purchase is completed; tick this box to let parents know when a purchase is completed on MyChildAtSchool
Configure Instalment Reminders
This section is for those products with an Instalment. When setting up items in the shop you can select the Instalment option, chose prices, number of Instalments, and the due dates for each Instalment.
If you wish to set up the Instalments and Reminders, tick the relevant Tick boxes and enter the length of time for when Reminders are sent. Customise the reminder message.
This works exactly the same for Overdue Payments.
Dinner Money Collection
When the Enable Dinner Money Collection box is ticked the options to assign Years for either Dinner Money Collection using Use Bromcom Dinner Money box or Cashless Catering Collection using the Use Cashless Catering box is available. Drag the Years into the area you want and Save.
Note: The Use Dinner Money Module for Details and Use Cashless Catering for Details options have been removed from Config > MyChildAtSchool > Dinner Money, as this is now detected automatically.
Note: All related reports have been updated with the relevant information.
If a Student moves from a Year Group between Bromcom Dinner Money and Cashless Catering, they may have existing Balances that need moving. A new panel Incorrect Dinner Balances will be displayed beneath the Dinner Money Collection panel. Select the Balances to be moved and click the Move Selected Balances button, then select Cancel or Proceed from the Confirmation message.
Bank Accounts in use can also be viewed at the bottom of the page.