In this guide, we will show you how to Schedule a Detention. Detention Scheduling is used to Schedule different types of Detentions at different times, with assigned Staff and Rooms for each.
See also: How to Create a NewBehaviour Detention Type or if you’re a Teacher, How to Record a Behaviour Event using the Teacher App.
You can also view a recent Bitesize Webinar on Scheduling Detentions.
To start from the left Menu, go to Config > Behaviour > Detention Types.
Highlight the Detention Type you want Schedule then click on the Schedule button.
Note: The Show only active option will show Detention Types that are active on the date entered. Others may have been created but are not active.
To use the Schedule make sure that the Detention Type Schedule Settings are set to Active.
Select the Member of Staff from the Staff dropdown that will take the Detention, then select the Room the Detention will take place in from the Room dropdown. You can now choose which Weekday and Period the Detention will happen and the Session Limit. To save this Scheduled Detention Type, period click on the green Tick icon.
Note: if running a two week Timetable you can schedule fortnightly detentions by choosing the relevant Weekday on the Weekday dropdown.
Now provide the Additional Information:
- The Detention Priority allows you to prioritise more serious Detentions over others
- You can also choose whether this Detention Type can be scheduled at the same time as another Detention. If Cannot is selected, all subsequent Detentions of a lower priority will be rescheduled to the next day on the Schedule
- Any student that does not attend the Detention can automatically be given a Behaviour Event or leave this blank.
- If you wish to Manually Authorise this Detention type you can change the dropdown
- Enabling Teachers to Escalate or Reschedule adds the options to the the Teacher Registers
Access: The minimum permissions required to Schedule a Detention are found in the Behaviour Module of Config > Setup > Roles & Permissions.