Use this functionality to record Staff Absence in the Staff List Page.
- Staff absence can be amended or deleted from within the Staff Record.
- Staff can also be marked as absent in the Staff Record and in the Cover Module.
Access: The minimum permissions required to access the Staff List page is found in the Framework Module of Config>Setup>Roles & Permissions.
Create Staff Absence
To create a Staff Absence from the left Menu go to Staff > Select 1 or more Members of Staff > Actions > Absence.
You can select multiple Staff if the Date and Reason for the Absence is the same.
This will open the Record Absence pop-up.
Add the Absence information using the dropdown options.
- Absent For – from the dropdown list select the time period for the Absence
- Absence Type – from the dropdown list select the Absence Type, these are added by the school using Lookup Tables (see also How To Edit Lookup Tables)
- Start Date – this will default to the Current Date and can be changed if required the Time can also be changed
- End Date Known – tick this box if you know the End Date of the Absence, this will create an extra field to enter the End Date
- End Date – this will default to the Current Date and can be changed if required the Time can also be changed
- DfE Duration – for ‘Continuous Absences’ this will automatically populate based on the Start and End Date of the Absence and can also be changed manually
- Hours Lost – this is the Number of Working Hours lost
- Reason – from the dropdown list select the Reason for the Absence
- Illness Category – selected from the dropdown list
- Local Code – this will be automatically populated based on the Reason and can be changed manually
- Pay Decision – select the Pay Decision from the dropdown list
- Attachments – can be added by clicking the Browse button and uploading a file
- Return to Work Assessment Date – this allows a Date to be added
- Notes – add any additional Free Text Notes if required
When completed click the Save button.
Configure Illness Category
When logging Staff Absence you can configure the system that Illness Category for Staff Absences is required in Config>Administration>Administration Defaults.
First if required tick Illness Category for Staff Absence Required and then there are 2 scenarios for this, choose either;
- Absence Code is Personal
- Absence Category is Sickness (SIC)
If 1. Absence Code is Personal is Selected then ANY Absence Code with the Type Personal will require an Illness Category to be completed when recording Staff Absence
If 2.Absence Category is Sickness (SIC) is selected then only Absence Codes under the Category SIC will require an Illness Category when recording Staff Absence