Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
Use this functionality to record Staff Absence in the Staff List Page.
Note: You can select multiple Staff if the Date and Reason for the Absence is the same.
Staff can also be marked as absent in the Staff Record and in the Cover Module.
Staff absence can be amended or deleted from within the Staff Record.
To create a Staff Absence from the left Menu go to Staff > Select 1 or more Members of Staff > Actions > Absence.
This will open the Record Absence pop-up.
Add the Absence information using the dropdown options.
- Absent For – from the dropdown list select the time period for the Absence
- Absence Type – from the dropdown list select the Absence Type, these are added by the school using Lookup Tables (see also How To Edit Lookup Tables)
- Start Date – this will default to the Current Date and can be changed if required the Time can also be changed
- End Date Known – tick this box if you know the End Date of the Absence, this will create an extra field to enter the End Date
- End Date – this will default to the Current Date and can be changed if required the Time can also be changed
- DfE Duration – this will automatically populate based on the Start and End Date of the Absence and can also be changed manually
- Hours Lost – this is the Number of Working Hours lost
- Reason – from the dropdown list select the Reason for the Absence
- Illness Category – selected from the dropdown list
- Local Code – this will be automatically populated based on the Reason and can be changed manually
- Pay Decision – select the Pay Decision from the dropdown list
- Attachments – can be added by clicking the Browse button and uploading a file
- Notes – add any additional Free Text Notes if required
When completed click the Save button.