Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
A Dynamic Report Group allows you to set one or more conditions which act as filters to group Students and update daily (or on demand). The MIS will check which Students meet these conditions during the overnight process and then populate the group.
This can then be used for Reporting and other processes around the system.
A Group can be created with single or multiple conditions using the following data areas:
• Data Field – Student Attributes
• User Defined Field
For this example, we will create a Dynamic Report Group for KS4 EAL Poor Attenders (<95%).
Create the Group
On the Toolbar select Groups, then from the Group Type drop down select Report Group
Select New on the top left of the screen to create a New Report Group.
Add a Name and a Description and then tick the Enable Dynamic Membership check box.
• Start Date – will be added automatically as the start of the year. If, however, a new Academic Year has been created the Start Date will be that of the new year. Amend this date if necessary
• End Date – only add an End Date if you have finished with the Group
• Year Group – leave as Not Selected as this will restrict filtering. The option to set multiple year groups can be added as a condition later
• Send Changed Membership Notification to teachers – will automatically alert any students added through a System Message
Only add an End Date if you have finished with the Group.
Click the Save & Edit button, this will Save and open the Group Details page.
To add a member of Staff, select Staff from the left-hand menu.
Type the member of Staff or scroll to find them from the Associated Staff panel.
The first member of Staff will be set to Main Teacher then Additional Teachers and Support Staff can also be added.
Set the Start Date and click on the green Tick icon on the right to save the record.
Add Memberships (Conditions)
Click on the Memberships tab.
Click on the green + icon under Dynamic Memberships options to add the first Condition.
Select the Membership Filter from the dropdown list.
Note: If adding multiple Conditions, it doesn’t matter in which order they are added.
We will create English Additional Language (EAL) as our first Condition. To do this, select Data Field then EAL from the subsequent dropdown list.
Each filter selected requires a Name, add this then select the appropriate field from the dropdown list.
Further options will be revealed according to the data item selected.
For the EAL filter, select Yes then Save.
Condition one has now been added.
To add the second Condition (KS4) we repeat the process.
Click on the green + icon to add a Condition and select Group from the Membership Filter.
Add a Name and then select a Year Group.
From the subsequent dropdown click the Year Group required or use Ctrl and click each Year Group to select multiple Years.
Click the Save button to confirm.
To add the third Condition (% attendance) we repeat the process.
Click on the green + icon to add a Condition and select Attendance from the Membership Filter.
Add a Name then complete the setup as for the <95% below.
- Switch Attendance by to Mark Meanings
- Change the Start Date to the start of the Academic Year
- Select the Mark Meanings Values
- Switch Result Type to Percentage
- Switch Period Type to AM/PM
- Set Comparison to Below (<) and the Value (95) – no need to add % in the Comparison box
Click the Save button to confirm the Condition.
The MIS will automatically populate the Group overnight. To activate it immediately, simply click Refresh button.
The Student Memberships heading will then display the total number in the Group as well as the Female/Male split.