In this guide, we will cover how to use the Widgets and Tiles found on the Overview Dashboard of the MIS and the purpose/function each of them serve.
Access: The Permissions required for Staff to be able to see and use the Dashboard Widgets are found in the Profile Module of Config > Setup > Roles & Permissions. It is up to you to decide which Widgets you wish to make visible for the Role you are editing.
Widget and Tile Visibility
Depending on the Role/s you have within the MIS, when you first log in you will see a number of Widgets and Tiles on the Overview Dashboard such as My Calendar, My Diary and Exam Sheets.
Each user has the Overview dropdown list as standard, but Teaching Staff for example are taken to the Teacher’s Dashboard when they first log in so will need to click on the My Dashboard dropdown list and select the Overview option.
Each Widget and Tile serves it’s own purpose, some can take you to a page to carry out a task while others allow you to see important data at a quick glance.
To ensure all Widgets and Tiles are visible, go to Settings on the top right of the Dashboard.
This allows you to view the Dashboard for your own Role (or others) and control which Widgets and Tiles are enabled.
For full visibility, make sure all the Widgets and Tiles you need are ticked and make sure Hide Empty Widgets and Tiles is unticked before pressing Save.
The purpose of each Widget and Tile
Some Widgets and Tiles include buttons that will take you to another area of the MIS, they will be marked below with * alongside their purpose/functionality;
- Dinner Balance* – This allows Staff to make Dinner Payments for themselves and see their previous charges.
- Homework Due today* – This allows Staff to view/manage any due Homework they have set from the Learning Resources area.
- SMS Credits Remaining* – This allows Staff to see how many SMS Credits remain on the MIS and can take them to the relevant page to purchase more.
- Staff Absence Thresholds – This allows Staff to see if any Staff have breached the Absence Threshold within the School.
- My Calendar* – This allows Staff to view their Timetable and take a Register if needed.
- My Groups – This allows Staff to see which Groups they are assigned/timetabled to
- Missing Registers* – This allows Staff to see any missing/outstanding Registers against themselves or through out the whole School.
- Students on Report – This allows Staff to see if any Students they teach are currently On Report.
- My Diary* – This allows Staff to see any Diary Events which involve themselves or the whole School.
- Assessment Sheets* – This allows Staff to see and manage any Assessment Sheets which are assigned to them.
- Exam Sheets* – This allows Staff to see and manage any Exam Sheets which are assigned to them.
- Dinner Registers – This allows Staff to see any Dinner Registers for the current day.
- Dinners for Week – This allows Staff to see Pupil, Staff and Custom Dinner Numbers for the current week (Monday to Sunday).
- Monies paid for Week – This allows Staff to see money taken for the current week against Pupils, Staff and Custom Dinners.
- Unconfirmed Dinner Money Payments – This allows Staff to see any Unconfirmed Dinner Money Payments against Students (they can be confirmed via Students>Actions>Confirm Dinner Payments).
- Upcoming FSM Reviews – This allows Staff to see any Students that have an FSM Review Date that is coming up soon.
- FSM Eligible Students – This allows Staff to see a list of Students who are eligible for Free School Meals.
- Recent Data Exchanges – This allows Staff to see any recent exchanges of Exam Base data/Results/Files with Exam Boards.
- Student Interventions – This allows Staff to see any Interventions against Students.
- Upcoming SEN Reviews – This allows Staff to see a list of Students that have a Special Educational Needs review date that is coming up soon.
- Behaviour Referral Summary* – This allows Staff to see any Behaviour Events for today or previous days that they have been used as referral Staff on.
- Absent Staff Today – This allows Staff to see a list of other Staff that are Absent today.
- Upcoming Exams – This allows Staff to see any upcoming Exams scheduled within the School.
- Late Students Today – This allows Staff to see a list of any Students that were marked in Late (L Code) for one of their periods today.
- Birthdays This Week – This allows Staff to see a list of the Students that have Birthdays this week.
- Authorised Absence Today – This allows Staff to see a list of Students with Authorised Absences today.
- Unauthorised Absences Today – This allows Staff to see a list of Students with Unauthorised Absences today.
- Students on Detention for Today – This allows Staff to see which Students they teach have a Detention Scheduled for today.
You will notice that most Widgets have a double arrow button which actually collapses it (new users in particular think it will expand the Widget).
Pressing this will turn the Widget to a Tile, meaning it only gives you a preview at the top of the Dashboard now.
If you would like to get the Widget back, simply press the Expand All Tiles button on the top right of the page.
The button next to it is Collapse All Widgets and will turn all optional Widgets in to a Tile as seen below;