Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
This page will show you how to add a new Contact.
From the left Menu go to Others > Select Contact from the Type dropdown list.
Click on the New button.
This will open the Create New Contact pop-up, fill in the Details and move along the tabs at the top.
For each student in the Linked Students tab you need to identify the following:
- Relationship – this is the Contact’s Relationship to this Student select from dropdown list
- Parental Responsibility – this is key when sending Communications through Bromcom to Contacts
- Grant access to student details in MCAS – this will give access to Student information on the Parent Portal
- Parental Ballot, Student Reports and Correspondence – these allow Contact lists to be filtered on these items
- Transfer Address – will Transfer the Contact Address with the Student
- Court Order Restricted Access – select if there is a Court Order in place to Restrict Access
- Source of Contact Priority – select from dropdown list
- Contact Priority – this is the Contact’s Priority to the Student
- Alternative Contact Notes – is Free Text
Phone & Email
The Priority is the Telephone priority and not the Contact priority.
There are two options for the Address, Link to Known Address or Click to Add New Address.
If a new Address is being added, enter the Address Type (for example Home or Work), add the Start Date this address is being used from, the Postcode and click on Search to find a list of addresses within that Postcode. Select the Address from the list and click on the Use button, when complete click on the Save button.
Note: By using the Postcode Finder it will automatically be a validated address with a URPN for Census purposes.
Or use the Link to Known Address option.
The Contact Record is now complete to save to the Student Record click on the Save button.