Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
This guide has been created to show you how to add Add and View Homework for Students via the Bromcom Teacher App. The guide is broken down in to the following sections;
- Downloading and getting logged in
- Set New Homework
- Assigned Classes
- Assessment Links
- Assign Students
- View Homework
- Sending a Message to Students, Staff or Contacts
See also: How To Register and Login to the Teacher App and How To Use the Teacher App
Downloading the App and getting logged in
You first need to find and download the Teacher App from your phone’s respective App/Play Store.
Once the Teacher App is first opened, you will have the ability to enter credentials or Scan QR Code from the MIS.
The QR Code can be found by going to the MIS and clicking on My Account from the User Profile Menu.
Under the General section, you will find a QR Code which you need to scan on the Teacher App.
Once the QR Code is visible, use the Scan QR Code function from the Teacher App.
This will populate the credentials for you automatically and take you through to the Teacher App.
Now that you have logged in, you can use the Teacher App to carry out a number of tasks, including setting Homework.
Use the toolbar at the bottom of the Teacher App to navigate to different areas, the Home option contains the main menu.
To begin, click on the Homework option.
This will open the Homework page, giving two options Set New Homework and View Homework.
Click on the right facing Arrow to open the page.
Set New Homework
The Homework page will display enter the information as required, the Title, Description and Subject fields are mandatory.
Note: If you select Save anytime the Set Homework page will close, you can return to it using the Edit option.
If you move back on your device if not already saved the Homework will not be saved.
- Title – This is where you would enter the name of Homework
- Description – This is where you would enter the description of the Homework
- Subject – This is where you would select which Subject the Homework is linked to from the available options in the dropdown.
- Markset – This is where you would select a Markset to use for the Homework (A-E or 1-5 etc) or set it to No Mark Required.
- Maximum Score – This is where you would enter the Maximum Score that Students can achieve with the Homework. Please note: The option for Maximum Score cannot be used if a Markset other than No mark required has been selected.
- Submission Type – There are four options available which determine how the Homework needs to be submitted by the Students. Submit a file online (Student Portal), No file required (Student completes Homework and does not need to return), Offline submission (Student can bring the Homework in to School) or No Submission Required (Student does not need to Submit Homework).
- Share a copy in learning resources – Ticking this will share a copy of the Homework you are creating in the Learning Resources area of the MIS for other Teachers to see or copy.
Once done there are four more options available.
Select the Class to be assigned from the Class Group dropdown list, then click the Add Group + button to add them, repeat to add other Classes if required.
Classes that have been added will be listed under the Linked Groups section, where they can also be removed by clicking the X to the right of the Group.
Set the Available From and Due Date for the Homework.
Use the Resources option to add files or website links for use with the Assignment by clicking the + buttons and uploading files or adding website links.
Assessment Links can be added as well by select the Assessment Type, Term and Year Group from the dropdown lists.
Students can also be Assigned either instead of or as well as Classes.
Click the Add Student button, this will default to the Students list where Students can be selected by ticking the box to the right. When finished click the Next button top right.
To Add Students from a Group click the Add Student button, then click the Groups tab, this will display all of the Group Types.
Click on the arrow on the right of the Group to display the Students and tick the boxes to the right to Add the Students in the same way as from the Students list.
When finished click Save and you will see a message Homework has been created Successfully, click OK.
To View or Edit Homework click on the View Homework option.
This will display the Groups you have assigned Homework to and Students Directly Assigned Homework outside of those Groups. Click on the arrow to the right to continue.
You now have the option to Edit the Homework, which will open the Set Homework page for amendments to be made or to Mark the Homework.
To Mark the Homework click on the Mark button, this will display the Homework information and a list of Students, showing Homework Pending or Submitted.
To Mark the Homework click on a Student showing as Submitted. Click on the submitted file to read it, give a Mark and a Comment if required, then click Save.
A message will be given Homework has been marked successfully, click OK.
This will now change from Submitted to Received.
Sending a Message to Students/Staff/Contacts
To Send or Read a Message, click on the Message button at the bottom of the App
Any existing Messages will be displayed in the Messages area, to create a new Message, press the + button.
You will have the option to send a Message to a Student, Staff or Parent.
Whichever option you select, you will have a text box available where you can type your message and a blue send arrow to use once you have written your message.