In this guide, we will show you how Pupil Premium status is calculated in Bromcom.
If you want to see a list of Pupil Premium Students, you can do this from the Student List Page. In addition, you can import a Pupil Premium Import from Students>Actions>Pupil Premium Import.
Please see here for DfE guidance on Pupil Premium.
Pupil Premium Status and Early Years Pupil Premiuim can also be updated in bulk from the Student List Page.
Select the required Students>Actions>Quick Edit. Choose either Pupil Premiums or Early Years Pupil Premium from the drop down to update the same field for multiple students.
IMPORTANT: By default, many Bromcom routines run nightly. This means if changes are made in a working day, you may need to wait until the next day for the changes to take affect, depending on how you have configured the routines.
Pupil Premium eligibility is defined by the Government. Bromcom will add Pupil Premium status to the Student if any one of the following conditions are met.
If = “Yes” :
1) Any entry against Post Looked After Arrangements which can be found in the Student Record under Student Details (see Additional Details tab).
2) Ever 6 = “Yes”
3) FSM = “Yes” (i.e. currently eligible for FSM, but this in turn triggers the Ever 6 flag).
4) Member of Armed Forces marked against a Parental Contact.
5) Service Children in Education = Yes
6) Anything entered against Pupil Premium Type within the Funding & Allowance section of the Student Record. This section confirms the funding received for that Student from the government. You might use this section if for example, students arrive part way through the year.
Note: For Early Years Pupil Premium, see view below from Funding and Allowances within the Student Profile.