Note: All pages below are subject to having relevant Roles and Permissions.
In this guide, you will be shown how to Create or Edit User Defined Flags that will appear on Student Records and Registers.
The purpose of User Defined Flags is to act as an indicator/visual aid that highlight a Student who potentially has additional needs or medical conditions for example.
Creating the Flag
From the left Menu, select Config>Administration>User Defined Flags.
From the User Defined Flags page, click on the New button.
This will open a new section to the right of the page.
The new User Defined Flag can now be created from this section by populating all of the details you wish to add.
Note: All fields with * next to them are mandatory.
A User Defined Flag is assigned to a Type or Flag, which is either a:
- Data Field – for example Pupil Premium, SEND, EAL etc.
- UDF (User Defined Field) – see: Creating a User Defined Field.
- Group – Any Group within the MIS including Reporting Groups.
The other fields you can populate are;
- Name – enter a Name for the Flag.
- Description – enter a Description for the Flag.
- Flag – select a shape/symbol and a colour for the Flag.
- Tooltip Text – enter what will be seen when you hover over the Flag (it is advisable to make this as descriptive as possible).
- Active – ticking this makes the Flag available to use/active.
Once you are happy with all of the details for the Flag, press Create.
Note: The Flag below is just an example and may not be suitable to replicate.
Once the Flag is created, you will then be able to see it in the User Defined Flags table.
Viewing the Flag
Once the Flag is created, it will apply to all of the Students that automatically meet the criteria so please bear this in mind.
It will appear at the top of the Student’s Record.
It will also be visible on any registers that the Student is part of.
If you need to amend the Flag at any point, simply return to Config>Administration>User Defined Flags.
Once you are there, click on the Flag and you will be able to edit it using the section that appears on the right of the page.
Press Save to store the changes you have made.