In this guide, we will cover how to troubleshoot the Spring 2023 Census Error 5160
Error 5160 : Class Information is Missing
Class Information is viewable and editable in the Class Information Panel. For Secondaries this panel will display the snapshot information on the Classes that take place on the Census date, at the selected time. It will have been drawn from the information from within Curriculum but may still need editing or adjustment.
Primaries use the Add Row button and would only need to reflect their Tutor Groups.
See here for DfE guidance on Class Information
Below are examples of Class Information Panels;
Any of the items in the Class Information panel can be edited.
- Class Name : this must be unique and no more than 30 characters
- On Roll Students : If you adjust the On Roll Students values, then please note that this will change the pupils on roll and in classes value within the Pupil Reconciliation panel.
- Teachers/Support Staff: all Classes must have at least one Teacher or Support Staff member assigned to them, and the system will provide feedback errors if any of the Classes are left blank.
- Reset to MIS :this button will rescan the system for the date and time of Census and reset the detail within the panel to match the MIS data.
For Primary Schools there will be additional columns for Activity, Class Type, Key Stage and PPA/LMT Teachers
- Activity ; see here for DfE Class Activity Types
- Class Type : O = Not a Nursery Class or N = Nursery Class
- Key Stage: indicates which Key Stage is taught in the Class
- PPM/LMT: This indicates the number of teachers who are on planning and preparation time (PPA) or learning manager time (LMT) or newly qualified teacher (NQT) time at the selected time. this column plus columns A-H are only available if the pupil: teacher ratio is greater than 30