In this guide, we will cover how to resolve the School Census Error 5160
SPRING RETURN ONLY
- <Class> node must be present
- Class information is missing
- For further guidance on Bromcom Census see here
- See here for DfE guidance on Class Information
THE EXAMPLES AND SCREENSHOTS IN THIS GUIDE ARE FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY
Go to Modules>Census>School>Select Return>Edit
The Class Information is viewable and editable in the Class Information Panel. For Secondaries this panel will display the snapshot information on the Classes that take place on the Census date, at the Selected Time. It will have been drawn from the information from within Curriculum but may still need editing or adjustment.
The Selected Time is in the Census Parameters
Primaries use the Add Row button and would only need to reflect their Tutor Groups.
Below are examples of Class Information Panels;
Any of the items in the Class Information panel can be edited.
- Class Name : this must be unique and no more than 30 characters
- On Roll Students : If you adjust the On Roll Students values, then please note that this will change the pupils on roll and in classes value within the Pupil Reconciliation panel.
- Teachers/Support Staff: all Classes must have at least one Teacher or Support Staff member assigned to them, and the system will provide feedback errors if any of the Classes are left blank.
- Reset to MIS :this button will rescan the system for the date and time of Census and reset the detail within the panel to match the MIS data.
For Primary Schools there will be additional columns for Activity, Class Type, Key Stage and PPA/LMT Teachers
- Activity ; see here for DfE Class Activity Types
- Class Type : O = Not a Nursery Class or N = Nursery Class
- Key Stage: indicates which Key Stage is taught in the Class
- PPM/LMT: This indicates the number of teachers who are on planning and preparation time (PPA) or learning manager time (LMT) or newly qualified teacher (NQT) time at the selected time. this column plus columns A-H are only available if the pupil: teacher ratio is greater than 30
IMPORTANT in order for the resolved error/query to be removed from the list of errors/queries you would need to generate a new Census return and remember to use save & validate for the errors/queries to update/clear.